With the busyness of the weekend, I opted not to go to the bother of making a big Thanksgiving meal, but there is always much to be thankful for.
- It might not be the big turkey dinner, but I roasted a chicken for dinner. Some mashed potatoes, gravy, and veggies completed the meal.
- A co-worker brought a slice of homemade pumpkin cheesecake to my door, and it was very good!
- I went to the mall today. I did not die. I did not stress out. I tried on several dresses…hadn’t planned on shopping for myself, but some cute dresses caught my eye and my husband encouraged me to go for it. It was kind of fun trying on a bunch of dresses. While I did like most of them, I walked out with a completely different dress from the ones that drew me into the store.
- While at the mall, I remembered to pick up some more creatine and a roll of black duct tape. The duct tape is required to cover up the logo on my powerlifting belt for the competition.
- I was almost lured into HMV by the cute little plush Wampa staring at me from the storefront window, but I knew better than to allow myself to venture in. HMV employees really don’t like it when I drool over the Star Wars and Doctor Who merchandise.
- It’s not often that I get to stay up past 7:00 on a Sunday night, but I do tonight!
- It’s not often that I don’t have to wake up at 3:15 on a Monday morning, but I get to sleep in tomorrow!
- Mocking the American, obviously not regular baseball commentators during today’s Blue Jays game (actually every game so far in the post-series). It’s painful to listen to. My favourite was when one commentator said that everyone knows that not many Canadians grow up playing baseball. I think the truth is actually that many Americans really know very little about Canada!
- Today was an absolutely gorgeous fall day! I hope the weather is equally lovely tomorrow, because…
- I am so excited to attend my friends’ wedding tomorrow. The ceremony is outside.
- 6 days until the competition!!!!
- Today Kane learned that sometimes tall means small, at least in Starbucks lingo. He went out to pick up some coffee first thing this morning and asked what I wanted. I asked for a tall coffee. He came home with a grande and a tall, but began putting milk into the tall. When I asked why he was putting stuff in my coffee, he said that he wondered why he was given a small coffee!