I am constantly blown away by the fact that people read my blog…and keep reading it! I write because I enjoy it, but I have no formal education and it has been a long time since my high school English classes. I write because I love doing it, but I’m sure that a real writer would cringe over my feeble attempts. I have been blogging for more than a decade, most of those years in relative obscurity. For a long time I kept my blogging secret from people who actually knew me in real life. While I’m too lazy to search back through the archives to know for certain at this moment, I do know that it has been less than 5 years since I really exposed my blog to more than just a handful of trusted friends. But even then there wasn’t a huge following. I’m quite sure that even most of my few trusted friends seldom read my blog. All that began to change in November of 2013, when I suddenly and inexplicably began to accumulate followers like ants on a crumb. I couldn’t understand it then, and I still don’t understand it. I’m just an ordinary, uninteresting girl living a mostly ordinary and uninteresting life.
So, I am surprised and humbled to have had a blog follower, Claudia H. Blanton, nominate me for the “Very Inspiring Blogger” award! How cool is that!
This is an award that comes with a few rules:
- Thank the one who nominated by linking their blog and display the award emblem.
- Nominate some other blogs (10ish or so) and link them.
- Mention three things that inspired you the most in the last week or so…
What inspires me can vary from day-to-day, but here are some blogs that I particularly enjoy:
As for things that inspired me the most in the last week or so…
- seeing people of all shapes, sizes, and ages at the Resolution Run last week
- getting caught up in the fun two little girls were having playing in 2 feet of snow
- hearing the personal stories of my country’s World Junior hockey team as they competed this past week